Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere Holiday Activities for the Kids
Dec 19, 2013
The Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere is hosting a range of activities during the school holidays with a focus on learning about the iconic species and natural environment of the region.
Join Harvey the Whale on his summer holidays at the Discovery Sphere. His family have gone back to Antarctica but Harvey has stayed! Meet Harvey and have your photo taken with Australia’s most famous whale.
• Meet Ray Revill and his fabulous friends from the Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary including dingoes, reptiles and snakes. Get up close and personal and have your photo taken.
• Allow John Parsons and his winged friends to take you on a journey with the bats of the Fraser Coast. Join John and discover macroinvertebrates and their watery world.
• Learn about the local Indigenous tribe, the Butchulla people, and experience traditional dance, music and stories with Goomblar.
• Experience the old pioneer days of the Fraser Coast with the characters of the Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum.
• Learn the secrets of the whales with Andrew Ellis. With over 20 years of whale watching and research experience, Andrew has some special stories to share. And after, join Andrew for a guided tour of the Discovery Sphere.
• Join the expedition and explore the surrounds of the Discovery Sphere with Tina Raveneau and her magnificent microscopes.
The Discovery Sphere is located at 166 Old Maryborough Road, Pialba, and is open daily from 10am to 4pm (Closed public holidays).
Visit www.frasercoastdiscoverysphere.com.au or call 07 4191 2610 for more information and the activities program.