Soil Erosion and Fire Workshop
October 28, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm| Free
Join Burnett Catchment Care Association and guest speakers John Day (Emu Ridge) and Allysa Brown (Bunya Mountains Murri Rangers) for a great Soil Erosion and Fire Workshop!
Date: Wednesday 28th October, 9.00am-2.30pm
Venue: Monto RSL Club
RSVP to: email@example.com or phone 07 4166 3898 by 26th October
- John Day | Emu Ridge
- A well-respected consultant in the Burnett Region, John will address the topics of soil conservation, gully erosion along with erosion rehabilitation and prevention techniques.
- Allysa Brown | Bunya Mountains Murri Rangers
- As Co-ordinator of the Bunya Mountains Murri Rangers, Allysa will address different burning techniques, how to avoid high intense fire, maintaining a cool based burn off, smoke admitted from the fire and how to repair scorched land.
- Field walk |“Coogee” Telebang
- Transport will be provided for workshop attendees to attend ”Coogee” and inspect several sites where gully remediation has taken place under John Day’s guidance. John will describe the remediation actions that have taken place and how they will be effective. Allysa will also join the group in the field to give practical advice on cool burning techniques.