Funding Applications Now Open
The Australian Government Agriculture Stewardship Package is rewarding farmers for providing biodiversity stewardship on-farm.
The Enhancing Remnant Vegetation Pilot (ERVP) has just been announced and is seeking applications from agricultural landholders who are interested in protecting and enhancing remnant vegetation stands of 5 ha – 200 ha on their property.
About the Pilot:
- The aim of the pilot is to create a credible and sustainable market mechanism that improves biodiversity and creates new income opportunities for farmers.
- The pilot has been made available through the Australian Government’s Agriculture Stewardship Package, which now totals $66.1 million, with an additional $32.1 million provided in 2021.
- Six regions have been selected for the pilot with the intent to roll out to other regions in the future.
- The six participating pilot Natural Resource Management (NRM) regions across are: Burnett-Mary (QLD), Central West (NSW), North Central (VIC), North Tasmania (TAS), Eyre Peninsula (SA) and South-west (WA).
- The Queensland pilot is led with on ground support and advice from Burnett Mary Regional Group (BMRG).
- Regions have been selected, amongst other criteria, to test the program across a range of jurisdictions, farming systems, and vegetation types, and to complement and compare the trial with the Carbon + Biodiversity Pilot.
- The trials are designed to test the underpinning systems and frameworks of the approach to ensure credibility with the aim to create a sustainable market mechanism.
- The program applications close on 27 October 2021.
- Read the ERVP Factsheet and ERVP Guidelines to determine your funding eligibility – this step is critical in understanding both your eligibility and also the application requirements.
- Consult the ERVP Management Protocols to find out what actions are applicable for funding under the pilot program.
- Check the ERVP Price Guide for important information that will be required in your application
- Watch the Enhancing Remant Vegetation Pilot. How to apply video – this will provide you the full application requirements before you commence the online application process
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment for a personal BMRG support session to help with your application. Appointments will be available from 11 October 2021 onward.
|APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED|