RALFs are funded and supported by the Australian Government as part of the $450 million Regional Land Partnerships (RLP) program over five years (2017-18 to 2022-23).
RALFs support farmers, industry and community groups (including Landcare Groups) to adopt new and innovative sustainable agriculture practices. Establishing and building partnerships with these key groups is central to the RALF role in the Burnett Mary region.
Services provided by the Burnett Mary RALF include:
- Engaging and informing farming communities and agricultural industries within your management unit about emerging ideas, innovative practices and relevant new government policy to help improve the sustainability, productivity and profitability of agriculture.
- Facilitating partnerships that will best deliver agriculture outcomes, such as connecting industry, grower and community groups so that they can work together to address common issues.
- Assisting farming communities and agriculture industry groups to develop new projects and seek new funding opportunities eg Smart Farms Small Grants and Smart Farming Partnerships Grants.
- Supporting the delivery of National Landcare Program Sustainable Agriculture projects.
- Reporting to the department annually on the delivery of RALF services.
- Participating in a ‘Communities of Practice’ to better understand complex issues, improve networks and help develop solutions for national priorities.
- Attending the RALF Annual Conference in Canberra and participating in regular teleconferences with the department.
- Informing the department about emerging issues and events within your region (eg reporting on the impacts of natural disasters on farmers and organising field visits for ministers).